Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need to Repair Network Connections, Why??  (Read 4058 times)

325is

Need to Repair Network Connections, Why??
« on: January 08, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »
I was just having this problem with my network connections, aboutevery hour or so, i need to right click and repair, and everything works fine again.... for a while i couldnt figure out why this was happening all of the sudden, then i finally figured out what was causing this... the problem is from my wireless router, i have a non-wireless D-Link, that i use for 4 of my computers, and i have my wireless Linksys connected to my D-Link so that way one of my computers with a wireless network card would be able to connect to it.

I've had this set up for a while without a problem... But for some reason, it just started disconnecting me from the internet, and if i hit repair network connections it will come back alive.  But eventually, it will crash again and i would have to repair it again... It works fine forever when the second router is unplugged.. but i need it to be plugged in,  If anybody knows a way around this ssituation, then please help me... Thanks.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Need to Repair Network Connections, Why??
    « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 01:59:43 PM »
    325is......  I need a bit of clarification ........ Do you have 4 wire connected pcs plus a wireless laptop .......or are you using the wired router ( D-Link) to feed the 3 wire connected pcs and the 4th wired output port is feeding your Linksy wireless router ...... In any event ...it sounds as if there is some conflict between the D-Link and the Linksy routers.........Doesn't your Linksy router have the ability to provide either a wired or wireless output ......If it does, why not just use the Linksy wireless router to wire connect your 3 wired pcs and wireless to the laptop.

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 02:00:13 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 05:05:02 PM »
    Two routers complicates things needlessly. I have a D-Link wireless and run both wired ( to 4 systems) and wireless (to 3 more) in my house.

325is

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 09:58:51 PM »
    dl65 - yes thats exactly how i have it set up, 3 to the D-Link and the 4th port connects to the wireless router Linksys.  I cant exactly connect the 3 to the wireless router because i have it in a different location in my house, so that way the wireless compter can get a good connection up stairs.  To me it seems as if there is an IP conflict or something, because this never use to happen.  and its not a labtop that is wireless, its another desktop that is upstairs.

325is

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 12:34:47 PM »
    so i guess this is a dead subject cuz of no more replies? :-/

viking

Adviser
    • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
      « Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 02:00:05 AM »
      Which router has DHCP activated? Or do you use static IPs?

325is

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 11:17:41 AM »
      well, im not exactly sure.. how can i tell which router is set up to do what, and which type of connect i have?