Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can I fit a graphic card in this computer  (Read 2151 times)

bellow

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Can I fit a graphic card in this computer
    « on: February 16, 2019, 12:12:38 PM »
    I have this tower https://imgur.com/pOvmjnx that is with the power supply and the dvd drive up. I am looking to get a graphic card could I fit one in there or am I better off just leaving it like it is and dealing with the issues I am having. I am npot asking what card to buy. I already know I will need one for a small form computer

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can I fit a graphic card in this computer
    « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 01:57:37 PM »
    Hi

Looks like a HP slimline so yes you can fit a 1/2 height pcie video card, Which doesn't require PCIe power. and should be a short card. Do you have the clear plastic air tunnel between the front case fan and the cpu heatsink ? I think that model had one and if it is missing the CPU will run hot.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

bellow

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 04:30:42 PM »
      This is the inside of the case https://imgur.com/pOvmjnx

comda

Adviser
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 04:42:52 PM »
      Looks like my old HP DC 5800. Next time, try and list what PC it is, so more information can be gathered. Im assuming this is the PC based off my own experiences. In which case, I have a Small form factor Nvidia 310 GT inside mine with HDMI on it. Works great.