Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Working offline  (Read 5374 times)

answer_seeker

Working offline
« on: August 06, 2004, 03:53:26 PM »
When I was online, I know that some files and picture was stored at the Temporary internet files folder for future reference. Later on, when I want to work offline, I just need to load up the page, then I can go to the page that I have seen before while I was online. My question is that can I make all that temporary internet files into one folder so that I can move it to another media (cd, usb drive etc) therefore I can work offline at another computer without having to connect online first?

robertmillar

Re: Working offline
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 02:03:03 AM »
Why not just save the page to the media.

answer_seeker

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 10:07:15 PM »
I want to be able to access the links on that website too. If I put one page on a media, I would not be able to go to another link on that page as if I was working offfline.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 04:08:38 AM »
Why not copy the entire folder where the off-line pages are stored onto Media?

answer_seeker

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 06:55:34 AM »
Can I do that? I thought if we are using IE at another computer, we cannot copy the offline folder just like that and hoping that we can work offline in that another IE too. But, I will give a try. thx

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 08:56:34 AM »
I have never tried it myself, but it seems logical that if you copy the entire folder onto a media device you can then use it to overwrite the off-line folder on another computer and have the same files (Plus those of the other computer)