Software > Computer viruses and spyware

UNWANTED ADS

<< < (2/4) > >>

SuperDave:
Okay. Go to Control Panel and look for the Java icon. Double click on it and select Update. Let me know what happens.

ESET Online Scanner
Note : If you use Internet Explorer to get the ESET Online Scanner, you won't have to download, nor install the tool, as everything will be ran in a contextual (pop-up) window of Internet Explorer. However, for every other browsers, you will have to download and install ESET Online Scanner. In this set of instruction, I'll use Google Chrome to download it and run it (since a lot of people will do it), however, except for the download and installation procedure, the same instructions applies if you use Internet Explorer. Please note that two or three prompts will appear if you use Internet Explorer asking you to reload the page, authorize the application, execute it, etc. Accept all of them in order to run ESET Online Scanner.

Download and execute ESET OnlineScan (on this window, click on ESET Smart Installer to trigger the download). People accessing this URL via Internet Explorer will start the integration process of ESET Online Scanner in their browser;
    Once the installation is done (it requires Admin Rights), check the following settings (two of them are under Advanced Settings, click on it to display them) :

Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications;
        Scan archives;
        Scan for potentially unsafe applications;
        Optional : If you want to scan more drives, click on Change... and select the drives you want to include in the scan;

After you're done checking these options, click on Start and ESET Online Scanner will download it's virus signature database before starting the scan;

Once done, the scan will start automatically. Detections will appear at the bottom of the window. ESET Online Scanner can have an extremely long scan time that can last between 2 or 3 hours. So if you start the scan, do not interrupt it, let it complete until the end;

After the scan is finished, a summary window will appear to give you the information about the scan. Then you'll have to the option to see what threads were found and to manage the threats that were quarantined;

Click on List of found threats, it'll display every threat identified during that scan, their type and what action was taken against them. Click on Copy to clipboard to copy these results on our clipboard and post them in your next reply;

Once you're done, click on the Back button;
    Check both checkboxes at the bottom: Uninstall application on close and Delete quarantined files before clicking on the Finish button;

ivanoe:
Sorry again Dave i think i am going to have to give up.i have tried everything you have posted but nothing works.
i downloaded and ran a eset scan that took over two hours.but at the end it just said found no threats. but none of it looked like any of the pictures you posted.so i cant' give you any info or any logs. i feel like i am letting you down .so if you want to call it a draw i will understand and thank you for your time.

SuperDave:
Let's not give up just yet. Let's try this.

Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
 You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.

rKill.exe
iExplore.exe
[*]Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
[*]If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
[*]A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
[*]If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
[*]Do not reboot until instructed.
[*]If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
[/list]

If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.

When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.
Post it in your next reply.

NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.

ivanoe:

Thanks dave i have done as asked. hope this is the right log.

SuperDave:
Are you still experiencing the same problem with the ads?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version