Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Html headache, please help  (Read 8890 times)

Adam Josiah

Html headache, please help
« on: August 07, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »
Can anyone tell me if there's a way to "name" your browser window when making a website? (note that I'm not reffering to the title)

When you click a link on my website a popup comes up with a bunch more links on it. When you click a link in the popup, I want the linked page to show up in the original window that the popup came from, and the popup to remain there. Kind of like a detached navigation bar.

I figured if I could name the window, I could use  <target="name"> to do what I want, but I don't know how or even if this can be done. Can anyone help?

robertmillar

Re: Html headache, please help
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 01:41:37 PM »
target="self"

Adam Josiah

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 01:50:32 PM »
Sorry, I meant I want it to target the original window, target=self would make the link appear in the popup.

SKy

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 10:24:35 AM »
Hi Adam Josiah,

I tried to do the same thing before, but could not get it done.

I have not seen it done in any other website as well, thus I strongly believe that it cannot be done in html. Maybe advance javascripting is needed, but I just couldn't control the original window from the new pop-up window.

I suggest you to look for alternatives.

robertmillar

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 10:38:28 AM »
Don't think it can be done with HTML.  If there is a way to do it, I think it will be listed somewhere on this Site:

http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

Adam Josiah

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 01:35:45 PM »
Alright thanks for the advice, if anyone does stumble on javascript that i could use to do such a thing, the script would be very much appreaciated, thanks again.