Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to stop Mixer streaming game from running  (Read 12498 times)

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Experience: Familiar
    How to stop Mixer streaming game from running
    « on: March 27, 2019, 09:09:15 AM »
    I understand or at least I think I do that the mixer game is included in Windows 10 somehow. My problem is when my computer is revived/woken from being asleep it autoloads this mixer game. I would like to stop this from happening as it shows another person ready to play against me in some kind of shooter game. I find this very intrusive as that person can see into my home through my camera. I disabled what I thought was the ability for it to run. I went to Beebom and unchecked things that they showed how games can be streamed but it still loads. Can you help me or am I in the wrong section for this?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How to stop Mixer streaming game from running
    « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 10:42:28 AM »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixer_(website)
    Mixer (formerly Beam) is a Seattle-based video game live streaming platform owned by Microsoft. The service officially launched on January 5, 2016.[3]

Like competing services, Mixer focuses on video gaming, including playthroughs of video games and live streaming, but is primarily distinguished by features designed to allow viewers to interact with streams. Using an SDK (software development kit), features can be integrated into games to allow users to affect gameplay or vote on elements using buttons displayed alongside the stream. Users earn "Sparks" for watching and participating in streams, which can then be spent to activate these features. Mixer advertises that there is a latency of less than a second between the original broadcast and when it is received by users, rather than 10–20 seconds, which facilitates these features and encourages real-time interaction between streamers and their viewers without delays.[4][5]

You may need this:
    https://www.securitystronghold.com/gates/mixer.html
    It can rise that Mixer is secretly installed on users' computers. Mixer is a kind of malware that is setup on PCs and compiles information about users without their knowledge. Even if Mixer removal tool treats registry links ending in Mixer removal it discharges anyway. Operating system Registry peculiarity that allows programs to be carried out by itself when opening the platform boots can be used by Mixer to cheat attempts to remove itself during the process of badware removal. Funny thing about that, some badware even fulfill functions of anti-virus and so they make user distrust to complete Mixer removal. Other viruses authors treat rootkit modes to preclude detection and Mixer removal by removal tool.
    If you think Mixer is being used to hack your computer, you may need help for a virus removal expert. :(

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 11:39:25 AM »
      I don't think it's being hacked but that it's embedded somehow in an app or windows 10. I've read about it some but don't remember downloading anything or adding an app that would have this. It only happens when my PC is woken from sleeping after being unattended for a while. A page appears showing nice scenery which I have to click on and the sign on box appears which all I have to do is click on it to gain access to my computer. That's when this shooter game loads and I haven't been able to disable it. I'll check out your link and get back to you.

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 12:31:22 PM »
        I downloaded and ran a scan and almost accepted the free trial but didn't feel up to reading all of the EULA and other things and aborted everything. It showed a few things but thought surely my McAfee would have caught them or will catch them after running it again and a few other things. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 08:44:00 PM »
        "Mixer" is not an application or piece of software/game that is included in any version of Windows. What you have described sounds more like adware to me.

You may need this:
        https://www.securitystronghold.com/gates/mixer.html

"security stronghold" is a scam website. every piece of software they make available is malware/scamware, and their solution to every security problem is "Download our stuff and pay for it".

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 09:24:35 PM »
        "security stronghold" is a scam website. every piece of software they make available is malware/scamware, and their solution to every security problem is "Download our stuff and pay for it".
        My bad.  :-[  Sorry.

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
          « Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 02:15:30 PM »
          Well, it's a good thing I deleted/uninstalled everything pertaining to it. Whatever I did earlier must have solved the problem because it doesn't load anymore. I am now getting a "Bing" page for some reason but think that shouldn't be too hard to stop.