Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Run JOB in cmd  (Read 3122 times)

sun_os

Topic Starter

Beginner

Run JOB in cmd
    « on: April 02, 2019, 04:27:18 AM »
    Hi

I have to list of the job id to run by manual , so I write the operation menu to let operator run the job in sequence, but this option is banned by supervisor.  Alternative, I have to create the text file  contain the jobid number , then run the batch file to read this text file to run the job according the dependent and individual job. 

I create the text file which contain. To auto run P107C then P105C  after running completed P107C,  run P110C until P105C completed.

Can you please assist me how to write the script to read this jobid text file to auto run the job by dependent. 

P107C;IND=Y;;0
    P105C;;P107C;0
    P110C;;P107C;0
    D101C;;P110C,P105C;0
    P106C;IND=Y;;0
    P118C;P106C;0
    D102C;P118C;P106C;0
    P111C;IND=Y;;0
    P112C;P111C;0
    P113C;P112C;0
    D103C;P113C;P112C;0

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Run JOB in cmd
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 07:47:55 AM »
    but this option is banned by supervisor.

Is this supervisor going to allow a different method of achieving the same goal?

Such as at my work place I can not bring in any media form of code because a virus etc can travel in on media. The systems I work with are isolated from the outside world in tightly controlled government networks and so for myself I got approval from my boss that while a USB stick, CD or DVD, or any other form of media with a program/script etc is on is strictly not allowed, they did allow me to manually type up the code in notepad and run it against QBasic which was on NT4 as well as batch scripting was allowed too because I myself typed everything that was to run on the server. And because I am not a rogue employee who would put anything bad in it, I was allowed to do this.

I'd highly advise you get written permission from supervisor before running any programs or scripts on their systems or you can be easily fired and then some. Once you have written confirmation that it is allowed, then move forward and do just as was approved to protect yourself.  ;)

sun_os

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Run JOB in cmd
      « Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 09:12:45 AM »
      Hi ,

I run these a couple of batch file in our UAT first then it will roll out to production box.  Supervisor allow me to to do copy those batch file on the production.