Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Downloading a program, won't open after  (Read 11742 times)

Nancy57

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Downloading a program, won't open after
    « on: April 02, 2019, 04:46:33 PM »
    Bought a Hallmark Greeting Card program and have installed it before with no problems and this time I download it to computer then when I try to open it it won't open. Just shows its loading and that goes on forever without anything opening. What could be wrong? I've uninstalled it three times and reinstalled it and same thing! Help!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Downloading a program, won't open after
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 07:41:59 PM »
    Nancy57,
    You bought this software?
    Did you steal it?
    Did you read the terms of use?

Short answer; You broke the law and the software knows about it.
    It is unlawful to copy a program to a second computer for the purpose of having two computers run the same program.
    The exception to this rule is when you  get a program that says it is alright to copy it to other computers without additional fees and registration.

https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/c/copyrigh.htm
    When work is Copyrighted, it may not be reproduced in any fashion unless the owner of the work grants proper rights. Computer Hope is not meant for legal representation, and how a Copyright is interpreted could vary. If you have additional questions or concerns about legalities, consult a legal consultant or attorney.

This link blow  would indicate that Hallmark has a copyrighted program for sale. Otherwise they would not pay for the advertising and production needed for the program.

https://www.hallmarksoftware.com/products/products.aspx
    On the hallmark site you can start a live chart and ask them if it is normal for the software to stop when you try to make a second copy of it on another computer.

Our Live Chat Service is available Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm PDT, please feel free to check back. You can also email us at [email protected] for further assistance. Our Customer Service Sales hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm PDT. You may call us at 800-395-6682 during our normal business hours.
    Ask them. My guess is they will tell you what I already said. But if they say it is alright to install it on more than one computer, please come back here and share with us. Others would like to know.   :)

Here is an example of what might be a requirement of any copyrighted software.
    COPIES.
     If the original media is required to use the Software, Licensee may make one copy of the Software for archival or “back up” purposes. The Software may not be shared or used concurrently on different computers. Licensee should contact Creative Home to obtain a site license if you need to use the Software simultaneously on multiple computers or a network

(Copied from  a document on the Hallmark web site.)