Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sporadic AOL/Outlook Connectivity  (Read 3089 times)

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
Sporadic AOL/Outlook Connectivity
« on: April 08, 2019, 09:42:41 AM »
I use Outlook to access my AOL account.

Lately, I have started getting an error when I try to Send/Receive:
Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for Personal.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for Personal. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

This is happening on my PC, not on my Android phone (on Wi-Fi or cellular networks). This is only on Outlook; AOL's webmail is fine. (My phone uses Android's native email to connect to AOL).

I first discovered this last week on a guest Wi-Fi. This is also happening on my personal Wi-Fi (different states, different ISPs). If I tether my PC to my phone (T-Mobile), it sends and receives correctly. If I try to connect on Wi-Fi via a VPN, I also get the Send/Receive error.

This first happened last Wednesday, and has happened sporadically since. Sometimes, if I leave Outlook open and it's giving me the message, and I come back later, it's downloaded new messages.

It's clearly not a password error. I was thinking it could be an ISP port issue, but how would that explain the two networks, and the VPN issue?

I'm looking for solutions, obviously, or direction - an ISP issue or an AOL issue?

(Not looking for alternate email providers)

Thanks!
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Sporadic AOL/Outlook Connectivity
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 02:34:01 PM »
Hi

What version of Outlook are you using ?. Most mail servers have upped their security and have stopped supporting older versions of Outlook.
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Sporadic AOL/Outlook Connectivity
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 03:55:03 PM »
I'm running V1904, Build 11527.20004 - Win 10, Office Live 365.

It's the sporadic connectivity that throws me. Hashtag Vexing.
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.