Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CPU Crash from 100% CPU when running games  (Read 9073 times)

TailsTheFoxYT

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    CPU Crash from 100% CPU when running games
    « on: May 05, 2019, 01:00:01 AM »
    I've recently had to factory reset my Asus NVIDIA GT 335M because of certain problems. I cannot boot up certain programs due to the fear of the computer crashing (instantly going black and shutting off) due to 100 CPU usage. This happens with OBS and just if i run much at all. However, in the past my pc has been able to run this without crashing just fine. I'm currently debating if it is being caused by the HD nvidia drivers and that maybe i may need to roll back, the difference between them as far as i can tell is the NVIDIA Control panel doesnt have an icon when right clicking the desktop.

Specs:

I have no startup programs.
    I have an ASUS PC with an NVIDIA GT 335M display driver which i had to reinstall from the ASUS website after factory resetting my computer due to a virus and bluetooth driver problems.
    My battery doesn't work, but the problem i'm experiencing caused by a high CPU not battery problems as far as i know.
    Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    System Type: x64-based PC
    Processor: Intel® Core ™ i7 CPU Q 720 @1.60Ghz, 1600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Pysical Memory (RAM): 8 GB
    Total physical Memory: 7.93
    Available Physical Memory 6.38
    Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 14.0

The display driver i mentioned is running currently 9.18.13.2702 from 8/28/2013 (not the day i installed the driver but the day the driver was made)
    I tried a factory reset but the problem was still present.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: CPU Crash from 100% CPU when running games
    « Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 02:45:19 PM »
    All the parts you are listing suggest you are asking about an Asus laptop if so what model ?

Looking at the parts the computer could be 7 or more years old. What  maintenance has been done? Like fan replacements or heat sink cleans.

Did you use the Asus recovery software or a generic windows reload?

If you did a generic load are all the drivers loaded no exclamation marks in device manager. ?

You could also check the hard drive health with hdtune or hdsentinal both have trial versions.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

TailsTheFoxYT

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: CPU Crash from 100% CPU when running games
      « Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 06:25:29 PM »
      I used the windows 7 setup since i had no other option. The only device having problems is the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller which i knew since the guy who gave me this said it had messed up USB ports.

I don't know how much maintenance has been done also the problem doesn't seem heat corrolated because this was not happening a few days ago when it was much hotter, plus, i tried it in the morning when it is pretty cold and it still has the same problem.