Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I keep getting the bsod and am stumped  (Read 1964 times)

Dlo2000bucc

Topic Starter

• Just a hobbyist PC tech for 15 years
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
I keep getting the bsod and am stumped
« on: May 10, 2019, 01:03:36 AM »
okay just recently we had a pretty strong power outage and since then I have had to reinstall Windows five or six times first I used Windows 8.1 which I normally do and this last time I tried Windows 10.  I have not gotten the bsod for this desktop computer for the lifetime I've had it at least 3 years it's an Asus motherboard with an Nvidia GeForce 610 video card and an AMD 8 core processor and I'll include the specifics later on in the post but this has been the most trying bsod I have ever gotten. of course it first I try and disconnecting the CD ROM drive extra hard drives any non-essential hardware to no avail but one interesting thing is that when I removed the video card and try to use the onboard graphics it instantly gives me the blue screen of death every single time it boots up.  I have also I looked inside the power supply cleaned it up a little bit because it's a 600-watt psu. I've already ordered a new hard drive fixing my gut is telling me that it might be the power supply that the computer works okay for a short. Of time when I switch PCI Express video cards. It's also weird that when I put Windows 10 on there it quit detecting one of the other hard drives but with Windows 8.1 it usually to text both of them and the CD-ROM drive.  Any help would be appreciated when I change things in the bios that don't work I use a jumper to clear the BIOS completely and I just start start new.  It is an Asus M5 A78L-M LE/usb3 mobo, evga Nvidia get force 610, Sony dvd-rw, 2x 4gb crucial hyper x ddr3 PC 10600, kentek pspk600 600 w PSU with 24 pin plus 6 pin for video, zocet 942 or am3 with a amd 8 core CPU.
Dlo4real