Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor not working  (Read 2156 times)

alan1313

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Monitor not working
    « on: May 19, 2019, 05:58:14 AM »
    I am using ZOTAC BI320 pc. I want to use Windows 95 in my computer, and the monitor shows the screen in Windows 7/8/10 only when the OS is booted up, and before that(boot screen, BIOS setup screen), just blinking wit text Analog and digital, and windows 95, the monitor does not show the screen even if the OS is booted up. I only have the DVI port in my PC.
    And also, I used a HP monitor, and that monitor worked fine with win95, and now I use Samsung monitor SyncMasterMagic CX210T.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Monitor not working
    « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 02:32:01 PM »
    Hi Alan
    Dos and Windows 95 need a monitor which will display standard VGA 640*480 the SyncMasterMagic CX210T lowest resolution is 800 * 600 this may be why you can't see the bios screen on any of the OS's.
    I believe you need a different monitor compatible with 640 * 480.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

alan1313

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 11:37:44 PM »
      But I used another PC before with an ASUS P5B Series mainboard and that worked well.
      Also I have anorher hp monitor and First I connect it and unplug it and I connect the Syncmaster monitor and it worked fine even it is 640 480 and I can't use the hp monitor anympre.

alan1313

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 02:43:14 AM »
        And I changed the resolution to 640*480 (32-bit color) on Windows 10 and it worked fine.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
        • My first real computer
          • Yes
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 03:17:36 AM »
        The  ZOTAC BI320 doesn't have a  ASUS P5B  motherboard. That Asus board  does support old operating systems. Your ZOTAC BI320 supports Windows 10 and only Windows 10 . There is no drivers for any other version of windows or Dos so if you want to use these old OS's on the Zotac  expect somethings won't work. Like Video, sound , usb , sata drives and that Win95 may just crash because the hardware is too fast.  Why are you not using virtual machines to run these operating systems? .

As explained here    https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/how-to-install-a-virtual-machine-on-windows-10-using-hyper-v-now-even-easier-with-quick-create
        You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
        ― John Bunyan

alan1313

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 04:59:54 AM »
          But the Won95 worked fine with the ZOTAC PC after some patches. The main thing I wanted to ask is that my current monidor does not show the bios screen.