Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can my PC handle these games?  (Read 2924 times)

Coco423

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Can my PC handle these games?
« on: June 10, 2019, 10:45:45 PM »
So, ive been thinking of maybe getting some games and an HDD size upgrade for my laptop to store them all.

Specs: i7-3740QM 8 Cores 2.70 Ghz, 6 MB SmartCache (got the cache off the intel website)
           8 GB DDR3 (might go to 16 GB in the future)
           NVIDIA NVS 5200M 1 GB along with an Intel HD 4000 (the nvidia card is the one being used)
           Windows 7 Pro x64
           300 GB 5400 RPM HDD (will probably upgrade if i install games on it to 500 GB or 1 TB if i can)

Question is if it could run these?

Fortnite (Works, tested it)
PUBG
GTA V (Plus some older versions like VC or III)
Overwatch
Minecraft (Works, tested it)
Roblox (Works, tested it)
Apex Legends (Works, tested it)
CS-GO (Works, tested it)
Rainbow Six Siege
Team Fortress 2
Terrarria

And some games on Bluestacks (like Clash of Clans or Brawl Stars, also works and tested it)

Id like to know before i buy the games, wondering if you guys could help. And yes, low settings is fine, and them loading slower on this hard drive speed is fine as ive mostly used 5400 RPM laptops and am used to it (Win XP to 7)

Also just going off of how many cores Minecraft said it was for the CPU in f3, might be a bit off. Also as Team Fortress 2 is free on Steam, I might be testing it soon to play with a friend.

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Can my PC handle these games?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 01:15:05 PM »
check out the Can You Run it? website. Useful to help you see if your pc is good enough, assuming they have the game you want to play. Not entirely perfect but gives you a starting place to check out.

Coco423

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Experienced
Re: Can my PC handle these games?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 02:47:25 PM »
Yeah, kinda forgot about that site....

Thanks for the advice, will check it out.