Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Alternatives toNetflix video; free or paid.  (Read 11044 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Alternatives toNetflix video; free or paid.
« on: May 25, 2019, 10:05:43 AM »
Linux users can not use Netflix.
Likewise for Windows XP users.  >:(
And Netflix wants more money if yu have two streams at the same time.
My favorites are either Amazon or Hulu.
You can find many others. Search for:
Best alternatives to Netflix
Here are just two:
The 15 Netflix Alternatives: Free & Paid
and:
Streaming Sites That Are Alternatives to Netflix

What do you say?  :)

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Alternatives toNetflix video; free or paid.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 04:38:51 PM »
My Favorites for at a cost are Hulu and Netflix. Amazon use to be good but more and more stuff is no longer included with Prime or they use Prime as a way to get you the first season or partial season access to streaming it in an attempt to get you hooked into having to buy each episode for $1.99 or buy the season to stream it in addition to the cost of Prime.

I use Prime mainly for shopping with free shipping and sometimes download shows to my Kindle to watch offline, and as long as your device has connected to Amazon within the last 24 hours it will give you access to a downloaded show for 24 hours offline at which point if your away from Amazon's Servers for longer than 24 hours the video content wont play etc.

For Free Service I use Youtube and Sony Crackle.

Recently I tried a service which had an addon for firefox to be able to watch shows streaming and everything I wanted to watch wasnt available, so I removed the addon.

Other ways of watching for free is that sometime Fox and other networks have shows to watch for free ( ad-supported ) and so like when the Sleepy Hollow TV Series was going I would watch the show for free streaming it through Fox network. I also got into iZombie and they had that also available on the CW Network which i was able to watch for free ( ad-supported )

Because I really l really enjoy Science shows and lectures I find myself watching more and more from Ri https://www.rigb.org/ which they have a channel on Youtube with neat lectures and stuff.

On my Amazon Prime I was downloading lots of the NOVA and History Channel Shows to watch, but I've exhausted pretty much all there is to watch for free under Prime and to continue with the shows requires money beyond the Prime subscription, so for shows that I got really into like Ancient Aliens instead of paying $1.99 per episode to continue with it, i bought seasons 1 thru 6 on DVD which is 23 DVD Discs and it cost just $34.99 with free shipping with Prime and I now have them permanently as mine vs only through a streaming provider. https://www.history.com/shows/ancient-aliens

I own a large DVD Movie collection that I converted to MP4's and able to put them on my portable devices and watch my shows offline when travelling without having to travel everywhere with a suit case full of my DVDs.