Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cannot install broadcom Wireless driver for Asus g75vx win 10  (Read 8467 times)

lasthope69

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Basically I have to do this through my phone because I cannot install the wireless driver on my computer for some reason I keep getting an error I cannot roll back my computer because my restore points disappeared and my computer is acting a bit weird I did the sfc scan now and it said everything was fine in my ethernet port is damaged so I can't connect to the internet that way I can only transfer things from my phone to my computer

Error Update.cpp 829 has occurred and setup cannot continue.

When trying to install the broadcom wireless adapter that comes from the download page of the Asus g75vx download page

And under the device manager network controller and Qualcomm atheros ethernet controller have a yellow caution triangle thingy I don't know how to fix this I've tried everything I cannot find anything about this error.

My windows version is Windows 10 home 64-bit 8 gigs of RAM Intel Core i7 2.40 GHz

I forgot to add that I uninstalled them with Device Manager and then I tried to get rid of the rest using Revo uninstaller cuz I was having issues and I was going to try to reinstall and fix it but it broke
    « Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:28:59 AM by lasthope69 »

lasthope69

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: cannot install broadcom Wireless driver for Asus g75vx win 10
      « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 08:28:04 AM »
      I forgot to add the version number it is 1803 build 17134.677

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 04:18:27 PM »
      Either laptop or desktop you do NOT wanna go to broadcom for the drivers....they need to come from the MBoard/laptop manuf. site.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 05:03:56 PM »
      Hi

There was problems with some Broadcom chipset drivers in windows 10 . Also your laptop doesn't have Windows 10 drivers. If there is NO other devices showing as having problems in device manager. Then an idea is to purchase a usb wifi adapter which has win 10 support. This is what i suggest.
      TP-Link TL-WN725N N150 Nano USB Wi-Fi Adapter buy new stock, as earlier versions may not  support windows 10.
      You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan