Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scanner Driver for HP Laserjet 3050  (Read 28408 times)

aarkrao

Topic Starter

Rookie

Scanner Driver for HP Laserjet 3050
    « on: August 20, 2019, 08:05:49 AM »
    Dear All,

I have purchased a second-hand (but well maintained and in very good condition) HP Laserjet Printer Multifunction (Scan,coppy, Print) 3050 model. I have a PC (64 bit) with Windows 10 as OS.

After installation, I am able to print and copy but unable to scan. When I press the SCAN button on the printer, I get a message "Waiting for PC" on the Printer Display.

4 computer experts have come and tried at least for one hour each but were unable to resolve the issue.

What is the problem and how to resolve it?

Thanks and Regards

RK Rao

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Scanner Driver for HP Laserjet 3050
    « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 12:19:05 PM »
    Have you downloaded the manuals and drivers from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-3050-all-in-one-printer/1140783 ?

Have you tried contacting HP Tech Support?

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 04:52:42 PM »
    A few things that come to mind (sorry if any of these are things you've tried already)

1. Uninstall and reinstall the HP software with the latest version from http://support.hp.com

2. try running the HP Print and Scan doctor. If HP Print and Scan doctor does't fix problem, maybe it can direct you in the right direction in terms of determining what may be causing the problem

3. I read somewhere that somebody simply launched MS paint and used the "Import from scanner or camera" option under File in the menu and got the scanner to work that way (seems that's only a workaround that worked for somebody and not a solution to root cause of the problem)

Hopefully one of those might be of use to you. Good Luck :)

aarkrao

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 02:34:52 AM »
      Thank you to both of you. I shall try out the things suggested.

Thanks again,

RK Rao

McHopeUser

• Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 04:42:30 PM »
        Hi,

Did you get your HP Laserjet 3050 to scan - if yes, how? I've been trying for 6 months now but can only print and copy. The drivers on the HP website only list universal print drivers and saw somewhere in the documentation that the scan drivers are not included. To scan it stated to use Windows Fax & Scan function but when I try, it errors that it can't find the device.  When I checked Printers and Scanners I see the LJ3050 printer but no scanner - the same in Device Manager. Found the program HPFixScan which added USB Scasnning Device to Device Manager but the HPFixScan.log shows some errors:
        FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> FixScan version 3.1
        FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> Monday, March 09, 2020 at 14:12
        FixScan.cpp: SetupOs> - What OS are we on?
        FixScan.cpp: SetupOs> --- Major Version: 6, Minor Version: 2, Build: 9200, Platform: 2,
        FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> - Do we have administrator privileges?
        FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> --- Yes, we have administrator privileges
        FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> - Is the spooler running?
        DebugLog.cpp: LogLastError> OpenSCManager failed: Access is denied.

FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> --- Yes, spooler is already running
        FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> - Can we figure out the connection information automatically?
        FixScan.cpp: DetermineInfo>    Ignoring Microsoft Software Printer Driver
        FixScan.cpp: DetermineInfo>    Ignoring PDF Architect 7 Driver
        FixScan.cpp: DetermineInfo>    Ignoring Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4
        FixScan.cpp: DetermineInfo>    Ignoring HP Universal Printing PCL 6
        FixScan.cpp: DetermineInfo>    Ignoring Foxit Reader PDF Printer Driver
        FixScan.cpp: DetermineInfo>    Ignoring Microsoft Shared Fax Driver
        FixScan.cpp: DetermineInfo>    ===> Here are all the LaserJet AiOs that were found:
        FixScan.cpp: DetermineInfo> --- Yes, only one LaserJet found so using printer="OneNote", port="Microsoft.Office.OneNote_16001.12527.20 128.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe_microsoft.onen oteim_S-1-5-21-1283916204-1292393848-3732412969-1002"
        FixScan.cpp: DetermineInfo> - How is it connected?
        FixScan.cpp: DetermineInfo> Can't determine product
        FixScan.cpp: DetermineInfo> --- networked
        FixScan.cpp: GetInfoFromPortMonitor> - Can we get some info from the port monitor?
        DebugLog.cpp: LogLastError> Error opening port monitor registry key: The operation completed successfully.

FixScan.cpp: GetInfoFromPortMonitor> --- No, failed to find info in eithor port monitor
        FixScan.cpp: GetInfoFromProduct> - Can we get the info from the product keys?
        FixScan.cpp: GetInfoFromProduct> Don't know what product it is
        FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> --- No, lets prompt the user for info
        FixScan.cpp: PromptUserForInfo> User selected a HP LaserJet 3050/3052/3055/3390/3392 Series
        FixScan.cpp: PromptUserForInfo>    Direct connected
        FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> - How many imaging devices are on this PC?
        FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> --- 3 were found

FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> Trouble stopping sti service
        FixScan.cpp: InitInstance>    Let's enumerate through each imaging device found on the PC
        DebugLog.cpp: LogLastError> Failed to open 0000 Imaging key so skipping it: The operation completed successfully.

FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> 
        DebugLog.cpp: LogLastError> Failed to open Configuration Imaging key so skipping it: The operation completed successfully.

DebugLog.cpp: LogLastError> Failed to open Properties Imaging key so skipping it: The operation completed successfully.

FixScan.cpp: InitInstance>    Done enumerating
        DebugLog.cpp: LogLastError> Failed to open SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\HP_LaserJet_3050_3052_3055_3390\Port: The operation completed successfully.

FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> Trouble starting the sti service
        FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> - Is the PML service installed and enabled?

FixScan.cpp: InitInstance> --- Unknown, PML service installed but can't query it
        FixScan.cpp: ReInstallPMLService> - Can we re-start PML service?
        FixScan.cpp: ReInstallPMLService> ----- Can we first stop the PML service?
        FixScan.cpp: ReInstallPMLService> No, createProcess failed
        DebugLog.cpp: LogLastError> CreateProcess failed: The system cannot find the file specified.

FixScan.cpp: ReInstallPMLService> failed to restart PML service
        FixScan.cpp: RegisterScanDll> - Can we register the scan dll?
        FixScan.cpp: RegisterScanDll> --- Yes, successfully registered scan dll

Help! I'm losing hope.
        « Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 05:02:19 PM by McHopeUser »

britseptember

• Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 06:45:39 AM »
          Hello,
          I'm having the same problem.
          The hp LaserJet 3050 was working well with Debian and with Windows 7. But now, with a new laptop (even hp !) and Windows 10, the scanner does not work. Neither Windows Fax & Scan nor VueScan finds the device. In GIMP, now as I installed a TWAIN driver, both the device itself hp LaserJet 3050 and the indirect contact via VueScan are listed as a scanner option  - but then again, it does not work.

How can this issue be fixed?