Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scanner Driver for HP Laserjet 3050  (Read 536 times)

aarkrao

Topic Starter

Rookie

Scanner Driver for HP Laserjet 3050
    « on: August 20, 2019, 08:05:49 AM »
    Dear All,

I have purchased a second-hand (but well maintained and in very good condition) HP Laserjet Printer Multifunction (Scan,coppy, Print) 3050 model. I have a PC (64 bit) with Windows 10 as OS.

After installation, I am able to print and copy but unable to scan. When I press the SCAN button on the printer, I get a message "Waiting for PC" on the Printer Display.

4 computer experts have come and tried at least for one hour each but were unable to resolve the issue.

What is the problem and how to resolve it?

Thanks and Regards

RK Rao

strollin

Apprentice
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Scanner Driver for HP Laserjet 3050
    « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 12:19:05 PM »
    Have you downloaded the manuals and drivers from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-3050-all-in-one-printer/1140783 ?

Have you tried contacting HP Tech Support?

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 04:52:42 PM »
    A few things that come to mind (sorry if any of these are things you've tried already)

1. Uninstall and reinstall the HP software with the latest version from http://support.hp.com

2. try running the HP Print and Scan doctor. If HP Print and Scan doctor does't fix problem, maybe it can direct you in the right direction in terms of determining what may be causing the problem

3. I read somewhere that somebody simply launched MS paint and used the "Import from scanner or camera" option under File in the menu and got the scanner to work that way (seems that's only a workaround that worked for somebody and not a solution to root cause of the problem)

Hopefully one of those might be of use to you. Good Luck :)

aarkrao

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 02:34:52 AM »
      Thank you to both of you. I shall try out the things suggested.

Thanks again,

RK Rao