Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 downgrade need USB drivers  (Read 8203 times)

xeriousone

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Windows 7 downgrade need USB drivers
    « on: August 31, 2019, 03:12:25 AM »
    Since I have just gotten a new Windows 10 home computer and rediscovered my hate for windows 10 I tried to install Windows 7.  When I installed it I ended up stalled at the point where windows is installed but I need a keyboard and/or mouse to proceed (at the point it is asking location/language etc.).
    I need to know which drivers I need to add before installation...  My new PC is as follows:
    ABS Mage E - Ryzen 5 2600 - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 16GB DDR4 - 512GB SSD - Gaming Desktop PC
    Further breakdown (not 100% certain what you might need so posting everthing): Ryzen 5 2nd Gen - CPU Speed: 2600 (3.40 GHz) - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - Memory Capacity: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz - SSD: 512 GB - Processor Main Features 64 bit 6-Core Processor - Chipset AMD A320 - Rear USB 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Supports ESD Protection) 2 x USB 2.0 (Supports ESD Protection)

Once I can get online I can update everything else but I don't have a PS/2 keyboard/mouse and there is only 1 split port for both peripherals.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows 7 downgrade need USB drivers
    « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 06:37:39 AM »
    If you plug a USB Keyboard and/or mouse into the USB 2.0 ports, you should be able to proceed through the installation.

Alternatively, the "split port" you mention I suspect is a PS/2 Port, in which case if you have a PS/2 Keyboard you should be able to proceed as well, (by navigating through the Windows install via the keyboard.)
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 04:51:05 PM »
    I hope you kept a copy of the windows 10,  as i doubt you will have a very stable computer running Windows 7 with the CPU and graphics card you have. I recommend sticking with Windows 10 it is fast and supports all your computer parts  :)
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

xeriousone

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 07:44:58 PM »
      If you plug a USB Keyboard and/or mouse into the USB 2.0 ports, you should be able to proceed through the installation.

Alternatively, the "split port" you mention I suspect is a PS/2 Port, in which case if you have a PS/2 Keyboard you should be able to proceed as well, (by navigating through the Windows install via the keyboard.)
      My Mouse and keyboard were plugged in the USB 2.0 ports beside the PS/2 port (clearly placed to support keyboard and mouse by general location).
      As to the PS/2 port...  I haven't owned a PS/2 mouse or keyboard for a very long time and threw out my usb to PS/2 converter about a year ago.  This will become my final solution when a new converter arrives sometime in the next 2 weeks.

I hope you kept a copy of the windows 10,  as i doubt you will have a very stable computer running Windows 7 with the CPU and graphics card you have. I recommend sticking with Windows 10 it is fast and supports all your computer parts  :)
      I have not "deleted" Windows 10, nor will I.  I plan on installing Windows 7 on a dual boot system with Windows 10 so I can make minor changes to things Windows 10 no longer allows.  If this fails, I do have further options involving a full reformat and reinstall but this is a last resort as I have memory issues and may forget that item 12 out of 20 has to be attached after items 1 to 11 in correct order followed by items 13 to 20 in correct order (I am giving 20 as a random number since I don't want to try and count the actual number of items I need to connect)