Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Looking for picture slideshow creator with basic video editing capabilities  (Read 6362 times)

RyanTyler1

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    The only program I know that has everything (I think) is ProShow Gold, but it's expensive. Does anyone know any other good program (doesn't have to be free) that includes ALL of the following features:

Create a slideshow of pictures with some nice transition effects and options like the picture slowly moving or zooming on the screen as it is displayed.

Ability to add texts

Ability to add background music and/or voice-over

Ability to export the slideshow as a stand-alone exe / Windows screensaver file!

Basic video editing, mainly cropping and trimming

Converting videos to a different (smaller) file format

Windows software (NOT an online web app)

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Looking for picture slideshow creator with basic video editing capabilities
    « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 08:43:49 AM »
    This sounds like the sort of thing that could be done with most decent video editing software assuming you are wanting something that autoplays rather than to be treated like a powerpoint style slideshow where the presenter advances the slides.  Only thing it wouldn't do is export to a standalone exe, any reason why you'd want this as it is a pretty unusual requirement and there's maybe better options?

RyanTyler1

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 03:06:11 PM »
      The only program I know that has everything (I think) is ProShow Gold, but it's expensive. Does anyone know any other good program (doesn't have to be free) that includes ALL of the following features:

Create a slideshow of pictures with some nice transition effects and options like the picture slowly moving or zooming on the screen as it is displayed.

Ability to add texts

Ability to add background music and/or voice-over

Ability to export the slideshow as a stand-alone exe / Windows screensaver file!

Basic video editing, mainly cropping and trimming
      Converting videos to a different (smaller) file format

Windows software (NOT an online web app)

my issue got solved!
      « Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 08:20:07 AM by patio »

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 06:55:05 PM »
      Dear Ryan

It is nice helping other's here especially when there is a thanks given  :) . The most important thing for me is to learn, which I can only do if i see the solution. Saying that you have a solution without sharing to me anyway, appears quite rude.

Thank you

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      « Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 07:03:56 PM »
      I think they are some kind of spammer, a number of new accounts have created similar threads where they respond with only "My issue was solved!" over the past few months.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      « Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 09:24:48 PM »
      I think they are some kind of spammer, a number of new accounts have created similar threads where they respond with only "My issue was solved!" over the past few months.

And only after adding spam links into the quote in an attempt to drive search engine traffic to their sites. Blocking the users from posting isn't exactly enough since the links remain and their spamming is still effective. IMO the links should be removed at the very least.

stream26

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 01:50:44 AM »
        I'd go for wondershare filmora. It's pretty much basic

KittySt

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
          You can use Windows Movie Maker. It is free and offered by Microsoft. All editing featured you have mentioned like cutting, trimming, adding subtitling, adding voice overlay are getting covered by Movie. Or you can get Windows Live Essentials installer to get Windows Movie Maker back https://www.videoproc.com/windows-10/windows-movie-maker-windows-10.htm.  Though Microsoft said any sites that offer windows movie maker are not offering the real thing, I still tried and successfully installed Movie Maker.
          Alternatively, you can use Davinchi Resolve, it is not that basic and easy to use. But it is totally free and really really versatile. I attach a picture of Davinchi Resolve which is from the web.
          https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/