Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange issue with 144hz Monitor feeling like 60hz  (Read 6915 times)

BintuGomes

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Strange issue with 144hz Monitor feeling like 60hz
    « on: October 11, 2019, 12:47:45 AM »

Subreddit icon
    r/techsupport
    •Posted byu/GhOsT5437
    7 hours ago
    Open | Hardware
    I recently ordered a VIOTEK GFT27DB off of amazon. It has a refresh rate of 144hz but when actually using it, it feels more like 60hz despite it saying it is 144hz both in the Nvidia control panel and my display adapter settings. If I lower it to 120hz it feels way smoother than the "144hz" option and if I overclock it to 145hz or set it to 143hz, both of those options feel way smoother than the original 144hz. I am worried that this might be frameskipping and if so I could RMA it, but I find it strange that it only seems to glitch like this on 144hz. I have already tested it on ufotest.com to see its real refresh rate and it does say it is 144hz despite it clearly not behaving like one in everyday use. I only have one monitor and I am using a displayport 1.2 cable and my graphics card is a ROG Strix 2070 Super.

My main question is that should I just not worry about it since I can fix the issue by simply changing the refresh rate one hz higher or lower or should I try to contact the manufacturer for a replacement since it is still under warranty?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Strange issue with 144hz Monitor feeling like 60hz
    « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 11:58:22 AM »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/dg2wkz/frameskipping_at_144hz_but_not_145hz/

Here is link to see the other location that help was requested to see what others have suggested.

BintuGomes

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 01:32:19 PM »
      Subreddit icon
      r/techsupport
      •Posted byu/GhOsT5437
      7 hours ago
      Open | Hardware

I recently ordered a VIOTEK GFT27DB off of amazon. It has a refresh rate of 144hz but when actually using it, it feels more like 60hz despite it saying it is 144hz both in the Nvidia control panel and my display adapter settings. If I lower it to 120hz it feels way smoother than the "144hz" option and if I overclock it to 145hz or set it to 143hz, both of those options feel way smoother than the original 144hz. I am worried that this might be frameskipping and if so I could RMA it, but I find it strange that it only seems to glitch like this on 144hz. I have already tested it on ufotest.com to see its real refresh rate and it does say it is 144hz despite it clearly not behaving like one in everyday use. I only have one monitor and I am using a displayport 1.2 cable and my graphics card is a ROG Strix 2070 Super.

My main question is that should I just not worry about it since I can fix the issue by simply changing the refresh rate one hz higher or lower or should I try to contact the manufacturer for a replacement since it is still under warranty?

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

SPAM link removed...just give up already.
      « Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 06:36:13 PM by patio »

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 06:36:31 PM »
      Topic Closed.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "