Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LAPTOP ASUS X541UVK wont boot or enter bios but sometimes will start.  (Read 12658 times)

KYKKIS2

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Hello everyone thabks for reading this.

I have an asus laptop as i mentioned above which it wont start or enter bios.

It all started with the laptop turning itself completely off not even showing the shutdown screen or something just turnin off. I opened it again and after 5 minutes it turned itself off. Then after 3-4 times of doing this it just wouldn't boot back.
    When i press the power button the screen is black it wont even show the asus logo but the light of the power is on. By the way sometimes i mean 1 every 3 hours of trying it starts normally and enter windows and do everything normally. But ive noticed the ram is decreased from 8GB to 4GB. Then i restarted it and went back at 8GB then i restarted it again and went back at 4GB and it stayed there couldnt change it. After being in a while on my laptop i trurned it off and decided to open on the next morning.

It didnt boot and know i'me here trying to start my laptop. First i thought it was my mobo dying but the laptop is exactly 1 year old. Then i readed a discussion that the person changed it's ram and updated the BIOS and it worked but the thing is that i cant enter the BIOS.

Also just to mention my laptop's HDD died or broke 6 months ago i dont know how and i changed to to a ssd.

Also i forgot to mention that before all of this happened i had a dual boot with Kali linux and Windows 10 but when it started turning itself off the dual boot just disappeared and now i deleted the partition of kali linux just to make sure it isnt interfering on something at boot.

Thanks for reading guys.

Laptop model :
    ASUS X541UVK

« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 11:20:25 AM by KYKKIS2 »

scomputer

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: LAPTOP ASUS X541UVK wont boot or enter bios but sometimes will start.
      « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 11:30:57 AM »
      What troubleshooting steps have you taken? Have you tried re seating the ram? Also unplug from power, remove the battery, hold the power button down for 1 minute then put everything back and try to turn it on.