Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AMD Raedon graphics switch  (Read 13728 times)

Yogeshlfn

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    AMD Raedon graphics switch
    « on: December 14, 2019, 12:30:29 AM »
    I have been using Dell Inspiron 5565 since 2018. I have a dual graphics card. One is AMD Radeon R7 Graphics of 512mb which is Primary/Integrated/Switchable graphics and another one is AMD Radeon R7 M440 Graphics of 4096mb which is Secondary/Discrete/Switchable graphics.
    Whenever I play games and all it always take Primary graphics of 512mb and I can't switch into 4096mb. I have tried out many methods but all went in vain. SO How can I do it?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: AMD Raedon graphics switch
    « Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 06:41:18 AM »
    Try switching the slots they're in...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 05:01:27 PM »
    Hi

Go into device manager and un install the drivers for the 2 display adapters, delete driver files when asked. Restart the laptop when it goes to install the drivers for the display adapters press cancel. You don't want the windows generic drivers to load. The icons will look large and the laptop screen may look out of focus this is normal. Then start Dell driver update from the windows menu this will update / install the drivers and software from Dell for your laptop. If you don't have this program in the Dell start menu group then it is likely the Windows you have is not the image from Dell which will be why the display adapters are not switching.

From the Dell web site :
    Dell recommends that you download the device drivers for your Dell PC, printer, tablet, and other Dell devices from the Drivers & Downloads website.

Warning: Downloading and installing device drivers or software from unknown sources may cause the device not to work correctly, cause your PC to crash or not boot into the operating system or sometimes even infect your PC with virus, trojan, or other malicious software.

This from https://www.dell.com/support/article/nz/en/nzbsd1/sln128938/drivers-and-downloads-faqs?lang=en

If anyone else has an idea here is the specs of the laptop https://www.dell.com/support/home/nz/en/nzbsd1/product-support/servicetag/0-MjVTUmxjYjg2aEl1T0xGU1RLUTdYUT090/overview#

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 05:21:05 PM »
    Didnt realise it's a laptop...sorry.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "