Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Foreign hdd  (Read 5913 times)

yeqixigi

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
Foreign hdd
« on: December 26, 2019, 12:51:51 PM »
My hard drive says it a foreign disk after being excluded from a spanned volume. How do I go about wiping it and make it a single clean drive again? It also won't let me import it due to an i/o error. I've tried everything from disk part to GParted any other help would be much appreciated. Thanks! =)  ??? ??? ???
With his colleague *censored* the *censored* out of her, Roberts reached inside Meaghan's open blouse and blatantly groped her *censored*, loving the feel of the cool satin bra against the palm of his hand bigtitstube. He cupped one *censored*, hefting it. He smiled to himself, impressed by the weight. With one hand still keeping his *censored* at the ready, he slid the fingers of his other hand down the surface of her big soft *censored* and right inside her bra. He sought out her nippl

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Foreign hdd
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 09:07:46 PM »
I'd run crystaldiskinfo and see if that drive shows up as damaged. If it shows up as GOOD in green there are a few things I can suggest, but if it comes up in Yellow Warning or Red then  I'd toss that drive and get a new one. Crystaldiskinfo is a free tool. I use the stand alone standard edition which doesnt require an install. https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Foreign hdd
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 10:42:41 PM »
About GParted  from Ubuntu forum:
You should be able to right-click on the partition you want to set as bootable and click "Manage Flags", and then check the box for the boot flag. If you are using parted , you can print for the list of partitions, and then set 1 boot on to enable the boot flag for the first partition.May 28, 2014
https://askubuntu.com/questions/473641/make-boot-partition-using-gparted-in-boot-repair
One could also read the GParted documentation.
https://gparted.org/documentation.php
Look at this:

Warning

Changing the UUID might invalidate the Windows Product Activation key (WPA).

On FAT and NTFS file systems, the Volume Serial Number is used as UUID. Changing the Volume Serial Number on the Windows system partition, normally C:, might invalidate the WPA key. An invalid WPA key will prevent login until you reactivate Windows.

In an attempt to avoid invalidating the WPA key, on NTFS file systems only half of the UUID is set to a new random value. On FAT file systems, such a precaution is not possible.

The WPA key should not be affected by changing the UUID of data partitions or removable media partitions. In rare cases, a partition that is present at boot time might be an exception to this rule.

Now you know.  8)