Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Alot of problems  (Read 1925 times)

xxcrazyskittlesxx

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Alot of problems
    « on: January 01, 2020, 01:00:51 PM »
    Yesterday i got a computer i set it up just fine. I found out it had onboard graphics i had a spare graphics card that fit in the slot so i put it in and set it up and went to turn the computer on and it would turn on for a second then shut off. So i unplugged the computer and removed the graphics card. However now it won't turn on all it does is turn on for a second and shut off. I have tried unplugging and removing various things. I got it to turn on once when i removed the ram sticks but it beeped loudly at me because of no ram. So i put them back in and the same thing. Then  i took them out again and then it once again would power on for a second and shut off. So i tried changing the power supply i had two spares that worked last time i checked and after changing the power supply i got the same thing with each one. It would turn on for a second and shut off. However if i leave the power supply unplugged and hit the power button all the fans and such on the motherboard power up and run with no problems. However if i plug the power supply into the motherboard  it will turn on for a second and then off. This problems has me truely stummped and not sure what to do.

Crcl1

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Alot of problems
      « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 01:26:48 AM »
      it sounds like something fried in the motherboard, especially if you've replaced the power supply (which I thought was causing your problems when I started reading your post.  I had a bad power supply making my computer do the turn on/shut off-thing).  There incorrect voltage coming from/going to somewhere.