Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Desktop freezes often (cant find cause)  (Read 2788 times)

Chef89

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Desktop freezes often (cant find cause)
    « on: January 12, 2020, 04:25:33 AM »
    Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem to the user in this thread here:
    https://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=172770.0

However, he didnt report back to what solved his problem.  ::)

Im having random freezes, and its usually a bit worse when playing a game like Battlefield 5. I notice that especially when a map end and it has to progress into a loading screen, it freezes.
    Also, when I have had a freeze, it is usually likely to freeze a several couple times more soon after (like 45 mins after).
    In the past it said that the Radeon Wattman settings were restored. But it didnt do so all the time.
    I tried to enable memory dumps of the crashes but the system doesnt save them (probably because of the unexpected shutdown).
    I upgraded my BIOS too, but didnt help.

In Event Viewer I get the following Error events :

The AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the path specified.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
     and APPID
    {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

Here is my speccy:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/FQCeVL4MhqUnIlebGQNpckt

Anything else I can do?

Help is greatly appreciated!

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Desktop freezes often (cant find cause)
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 11:47:31 PM »
    Hi

The Speccy report isn't showing any problems. You may like to have either AVG or Windows defender as your antivirus not both.
    What power supply does the computer have? 
    Also as you are not over clocking, you could un install AMD Ryzen Master Utility for Overclocking Control using add remove programs. If you do want to tune your processor there is a list on AMD's website of bios settings you need to set to use the utility also Windows 10 features which need to be disabled or configured.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan