Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to Fix Old PC uou still like.  (Read 1993 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
How to Fix Old PC uou still like.
« on: January 13, 2020, 01:01:48 PM »
Start dictation.
Recently some have come to CH with the idea we can fix any old computer. Yeah.  :P

Here is another thought about fixing an older computer.  Please bear with me, I love to fix things and make them work and I have found there is a point where you have to give up and look for another reasonable solution.   :'(

Presently there are a number of retailers that will sell refurbished computers with guarantees that are almost as good as brand-new equipment.

In my area I found these to be the principal retail stores that are selling refurbished computers.

Best Buy
Staples
Walmart

Besides these, there are many firms that deal with sales over the Internet.
Here are some:

Amazon.com
Bonanza.com
Dell.com
Discount computers.com
eBay.com
Walmart.com, yes, they also do online sales.

Some computers that sold for over $600 when brand-new are now selling for less than a third of that price and with a warranty  :o

To cut down the cost of shipping, some items will not be included because they are items you probably already have. Most likely you have a usable keyboard and a mouse and possibly the monitor you have still works.

In my personal opinion used laptops are not as good an investment as a used desktop. However, I am sure others will not agree with that idea.

I think this is relevant to the discussion. How much is your old computer really worth? And how important is it to you to recover something that you had enjoyed very much?

There is no  point in having a strong attachment to a thing like a computer or an automobile. Maybe you can have an attachment to a house, because that's where you grew up. Otherwise material things don't deserve our loyalty.

You can give the old PC to your grandchildren.  ::)

But I stall have my old laptop. It works it I use an external monitor.  ;D
Stop dictation.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 01:18:59 PM by Geek-9pm »