Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Delete unnecessary files and/or ads on a new laptop with Windows 10  (Read 4234 times)

Treedin

I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and I have turned it on to make sure it works, and I believe, without my knowledge or consent, it connected to the internet briefly, but then I turned it off and Im pretty unfamiliar with how to navigate on it, but I should figure out the basics later.
I found some info on this site that I thought might be pertinent to have established on my new laptop as soon as possible...https://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,16182.html
I dont do any gaming, videos, or high usage functions, and so I prefer basic operations due to my lack of knowledge and desire for laymen terms. I normally perform emails, some news/weather updates (including a few video clips), download phone pictures, and thats about it.
In regards to my new computer, if there are any advertisements, etc...that I need to get rid of then please inform me on how to delete.
Also with a new laptop, are there any additional suggestions that I need to have done, that are not listed in the attached link above ?
Thanks