Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Command Line to get the PRODUCT ID of Dell/Acer notebooks?  (Read 16760 times)

samz

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Command Line to get the PRODUCT ID of Dell/Acer notebooks?
    « on: January 23, 2020, 07:45:57 PM »
    Hello,

I am talking about the PRODUCT ID (PID) of notebooks, this alpha-numeric number defining a unique hardware configuration.
    I am not talking about the SERIALNUMBER: the very unique machine ID.
    I am not talking about the MODEL: a brand's family name, including a many variants of hardware configurations.

I MEAN:
    - PID is the hardware configurations ID, defining what components are inside the notebook).
    - PID could be called MPN (Manufacturer Part Number) or SKU number (for HP notebooks).

Online stores could show the PID as the Manufacturer Reference.
    Googeling a MODEL: you will find many notebooks with different configurations (different PID).
    Googeling a PID: you will find many notebooks with the same hardware configuration (same PID).

EXAMPLE 1: HP Spectre x360 13-aw0724nz Convertible (13.3 ", 512GB SSD, Poseidon Blue)
    - MODEL: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-aw0xxx
    - PRODUCT ID: 8NH47EA#UUZ
    - SERIALNUMBER: 5CD9497LH0

EXAMPLE 2: ASUS ZenBook S13 UX392FN-AB009T, Intel i7-8565U, (13.90", 1TB SSD NVMe, 16GB)
    - MODEL: ZenBook UX392FN
    - PRODUCT ID: 90NB0KZ1-M00220
    - SerialNumber: K6N0CV04234624C

For HP notebooks, PID can be found using this DOS Command Line: wmic csproduct get skunumber
    Code: [Select]
    8NH47EA#UUZ
    For ASUS notebooks, PID can be found using this Command Line: wmic computersystem get oemstringarray
    {"kPJ-+7X7+EfTa","jTyRUBSNi7Ydf","fCrOzJ6x1i-eh"," ","90NB0KZ1-M00220"}PID is: 90NB0KZ1-M00220

What is the DOS Command Line to get the PID of Dell notebooks?
    What is the DOS Command Line to get the PID of ACER notebooks?

Thanks and regards

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Command Line to get the PRODUCT ID of Dell/Acer notebooks?
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 09:18:43 PM »
    Nobody will answer because they do not understand what your want.
    From Google:  (https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160161?hl=en)
    About unique product identifiers

Unique product identifiers define the product you're selling in the global marketplace. They uniquely distinguish products you are selling and help match search queries with your offers. Unique product identifiers are assigned to each product by the manufacturer, so if you sell the same product as another retailer, the UPIs will be identical.

Common unique product identifiers include Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs), Manufacturer Part Numbers (MPNs), and brand names. Not all products have unique product identifiers. However, if your product does have one, especially a GTIN, providing it can help make your ads richer and easier for users to find. If your product doesn’t have a UPI, you’ll tell us so in your product data.

This article explains the unique product identifiers you may have to provide, how to troubleshoot issues with your identifiers, and what to do if you don't have them.
    Who told you that DOS would give it?  It is s not a DOS thing.

Who wants to know? If the device is yours, you should already know.

Did you steal a laptop and want pretend it is yours? My resown for saying that is the fact that so many come here thinking we have secret information about how to hack a computer. But you are not doing that - Right?

We will help you if we understand what you need. Tell us who needs to know.

samz

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 05:29:00 PM »
      For ACER notebooks, the PRODUCT ID (SKU) is a left sub-string of its SerialNumber. So, the DOS command line is:
      wmic bios get serialnumber
      NXH62EZ00794700B346600
      The PID is: NX.H62EZ.007

Product ID is well described here: https://youtu.be/_N8BfdCvMRg

samz

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 07:15:00 AM »
        Take the 10 left characters (of the SN) and add dots. PID is NX.H62EZ.007