Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Restarting itself after Win10 update  (Read 6229 times)

ADRENALIN369

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Restarting itself after Win10 update
    « on: February 11, 2020, 12:54:18 PM »
    Hey, got a Win10 OS that is now stuck in a loop. It must have updated itself, but now it just fails to boot. I can get to the boot menu but after a restart it goes back to a loop.

Disclosure- Prior to this I had to hit 7 prior to boot to disable driver signatures due to bootlegged software.

Also it has 3 hard drives. An SSD for C drive which is windows and OS programs, and E and F for storage. Are E & F therefore plug and play to go into a different PC or do they need to be removed? Thanks in advance!

Salmon Trout

Re: Restarting itself after Win10 update
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 03:44:25 PM »
    bootlegged software

We hope you find a solution.

ADRENALIN369

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 08:05:53 AM »
      Thanks, bought it 5 years ago with photoshop on it, was told it was legit, looked good to geek squad, but after updating from windows 7 to 10 had issues later. Now this boot process of being stuck in a loop after googling is a common issue, hopefully unrelated. Still hoping other drives without OS are plug and play. 

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 02:17:43 PM »
      How much effort you want to put into this?
      If the computer is valuable and you wish to run Windows 10 on it, then just go by Windows 10 at the economy price.
      Let me explain what I mean. An individual such as yourself can purchase a low-cost version of Windows 10 and put it onto another machine. The end user license agreement does allow you to transfer Windows 10 on to another computer if it is as a replacement computer for computer that no longer works properly.
      Here's what to do. Find somebody that has a Windows 10 computer that no longer works because of a hardware problem. Obtain the product key for that computer and then attempt to install Windows 10 on the computer you like. This is the economical and legal way for an individual to update to Windows 10. Just by a junk computer that already has Windows 10 on it and then call up Microsoft and ask for permission to install it on a new computer because the old computer is no good

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 04:51:57 PM »
      The data drives E & F are able to be moved to another computer. Providing the computer has the connections and space for the 2 drives.

As far as the boot loop , if windows can't repair itself it is normally a hard ware problem like a memory error or the SSD is failing. If the SSD is full it will do this, you should leave about 30 GB free on the SSD at all times. This gives windows work space and also allows the SSD to do house keeping.

If the SSD checks out ok then you may need to reload windows I'm assuming windows is legal?
      if so then Geeks advice is the way to go
      You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan