Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blogger/Blogspot  (Read 15624 times)

Steve M

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Blogger/Blogspot
    « on: February 12, 2020, 04:20:05 AM »
    Hello there!

I'm trying to log into an old blog of mine that I haven't used for a few years. It doesn't accept the password. I used my regular, everyday Hotmail account to set it up a long time ago. When I go through the recovery/forgot password procedure it sends a code to my email, after entering the code I get "Unfortunately Google couldn't verify that (email) belongs to you."
    There are no other options I can see, such as security questions or anything. It's certainly the right email because I have old email notifications of comments and such dating back years. I've tried Googling for a solution but it just leads back to the recovery procedure, so I'm going in circles.
    Can anybody help, please?

Steve M

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Blogger/Blogspot
      « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 02:22:37 AM »
      Thanks for the reply. I got a code to the email address I used for the account, but when I used it was not accepted. At no point was I asked any security questions. I'm at the same location when I first made the blog, but the old computer is long gone. Maybe the old blog had something to do with Google+, which is now discontinued and that might be why it won't let me in?

Engineer.AI

Greenhorn
      • Engineer, AI Enthusiast
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 02:31:54 AM »
        Try manually searching for your old blogger account/ posts on google. If its the data you are looking for, this might do it. However, if its your account details for something else, I dont think a password-less entry will get you anywhere. You can try contacting Google tho, let them know the rut you're in.
        ~Engineer.AI
        ~Engineer.AI

Steve M

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 03:29:03 AM »
          Stupidly I set the blog to private, so I can't read it without logging in, which is what I mainly want to do. I can get to a few of the posts on the Wayback machine, but not all of them.

Steve M

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 12:23:18 PM »
            Hi there.

I'm still stuck in the same situation. Looking back in my old Hotmail emails I did get a notification about google + coming to an end, back  in 2019. Rather stupidly I did nothing about it and I'm sure that's why I can't get to my blogger account. It says I can download and back up my google + stuff, but I missed the april 2019 deadline.  Is there any way i can get to my old blogs?

Cheers.