Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows version update 1909  (Read 6695 times)

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Experience: Familiar
    Windows version update 1909
    « on: March 03, 2020, 11:14:13 AM »
    The computer I'm on has 1903 and except for aggravating multiple pages to go through on awakening from sleep mode, it's doing OK. The other PC of mine has the 1909 version and it has given me fits and have just now gotten it to act somewhat normal.

My question is, I'd rather not have to go through the problems I had if I go to version 1909 which is supposed to be an improvement over 1903. I think I would be pushed over the edge if I had to go through the personalization process if 1909 changed my settings. I see where it can be rolled back to an earlier version within 10 days but you know how that stuff works sometimes. Are any of you having trouble after going to version 1909 in windows 10? You can only delay these updates for a certain length of time or am I wrong about that?

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Windows version update 1909
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 02:28:09 PM »
    To delay upgrading to windows 1909 -- have a look at the following link: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-delay-windows-10-19h2-update-while-still-getting-updates

OliverYY

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 08:50:57 PM »
      I will delay installing Windows 1909. I’ve heard that many many folks are having issues with Office Outlook email. some work perfect while others you have to try open, then try open again and select safe mode then chose outlook profile, it will not maintain your pass for System login, nor will it hold profile. so one in safe mode do not close all day, just let it minimize then next boot SOS.
      you can live once

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 10:33:46 PM »
        Thanks for the responses, the only thing I was worried about was it changing some of my settings. I don't use outlook so that's not a problem anyway. I just wanted to get some opinions from anyone that has updated to the latest 1909 version and had more problems then it was worth, plus if their settings were changed. I blocked the updates until I get input from more folks on here.