Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Removal of Tasks Panel in Windows Explorer  (Read 127094 times)

viniebenet3

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Removal of Tasks Panel in Windows Explorer
    « on: March 09, 2020, 07:09:54 AM »
    In Windows Explorer, you get tasks panels based on what is in the folder you're looking at, like "Picture Tasks" or "File and Folder Tasks". I would like to remove these but NOT the "Other Places" or "Details" panels, but don't know how to do it.

You have the option to switch to "classic" view and remove the lefthand taskbar altogether, but I don't want this. I want something closer to how Explorer works in Windows 7 where you can jump to different directories and can get immediate file details just by highlighting something. I only want to remove the options that are otherwise present in the right click drop down menu.

Is it possible to disable those panels with a regedit?

viniebenet3

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Removal of Tasks Panel in Windows Explorer
      « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 06:48:49 PM »
      In Windows Explorer, you get tasks panels based on what is in the folder you're looking at, like "Picture Tasks" or "File and Folder Tasks". I would like to remove these but NOT the "Other Places" or "Details" panels, but don't know how to do it.

You have the option to switch to "classic" view and remov 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 hotmail.com
      e the lefthand taskbar altogether, but I don't want this. I want something closer to how Explorer works in Windows 7 where you can jump to different directories and can get immediate file details just by highlighting something.
      Is it possible to disable those panels with a regedit?
      I only want to remove the options that are otherwise present in the right click drop down menu.