Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Softem TV Comercials. How?  (Read 88720 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Softem TV Comercials. How?
« on: March 20, 2020, 01:26:17 PM »
Hello, it's me again.
This is not very important, so I put it in this area of the forum.
Now that we have to stay home more often we see a lot of TV and it is so annoying the way the volume goes up when the commercials come on.
I am not sure exactly how that is done because the broadcast stations usually have some kind of limiting amplifier that the prevents the levels from going over certain amount. But somehow the levels go up when you have a commercial come on. Anyway, I don't wanna discuss the why and how if they do that. But instead what is the way to correct that so that I won't go crazy listening to the screeching noise he absurd sounds that come out of my TV set whenever they have a commercial announcement to make.
In other words, it's Eric some kind of the expansion or compression device that will automatically counteract excessively loud volume coming from my TV set? Is there way to program my TV set to do that? Do I need to get an external speaker system that has some kind of a smart D SP system that will reduce the annoyance of screaming commercial announcements?
Yes, I could just watch the public broadcasting system. But you understand how boring public broadcasting here is in the USA?
Anyway, any suggestions would be welcome.

This is the end of my dictation.