Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Guve Giigle Voice a try. Free and Easy.  (Read 122780 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Guve Giigle Voice a try. Free and Easy.
« on: March 23, 2020, 09:29:58 PM »
A short recommendation.   :)

Here in the United States some telephone companies charge US much for your telephone service as they do for your Internet service.
A common practice is to use a voice over Internet to save on charges imposed on regular telephone use. This does not have to be difficult at all, in fact there already are free services available that let you make phone calls over your Internet connection.
One service readily available in most areas is called Google voice.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/23/18411138/google-voice-how-to-use-grandcentral-secondary-phone-number-voicemail-texts-sms
By using Google voice you can call somebody else on their telephone and it does not charge you with any minutes used on your telephone bill. However, the person on the other end might have some kind of charge on their bill. I'm not sure how that works.
Of course the vestry solution is for both of you to have some kind of connection that does not require the phone company to get involved. There are services like that where you can get a fake phone number and call people through the Internet. Really, is not a fake phone number, but it is not a phone number attached to a physical phone anywhere. It is a virtual number that you get to use and for other people it looks like you're calling from a phone.
Anyway, I put this information here as a suggestion for those of you that are trying to adjust to current circumstances and you want to talk to your friends and family more often than before and you are concerned about the high cost of your phone bill. So if you have an Internet connection you already have a way of lowering your phone bill.
Besides Google, there other companies a law for you a free service of where you can have what appears to be a phone number and you can call other people over the Internet by using the microphone and loudspeakers on your computer. It's about the same thing as using Skype or some of the other communications services available.
I mentioned Google voice because it's very simple and many people already have a Google account, so you might as well go ahead and use it once in a while just to see how it works.
So this is just a general recommendation for Google voice. No, I did not say it's the best, it's just easy and it's free and it works.

That's all I had to say.

End of my dictation here.