Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Had issues with .dlls and Microsoft .Net framework, now applications wont launch  (Read 362151 times)

Nemenia

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    I'm at my wit's end and desperately need help. Let me know if I need to add any information as I've never actually posted in a forum like this before, I've always tried to solve the issues myself.

This all started when I downloaded a new game that said it could not launch because it was missing several .dlls I downloaded them and put them in System32 or SysWoW64 based on their bit size. This worked at first but then I started getting an "Access Denied" message when trying to place things in System32 even though I was admin. I searched for info on this and discovered that I needed to disable UAC and make myself owner of the folder if that didn't work, so I did both of those. Weirdly enough, System32 still said "access Denied" when I tried to change permissions, but I could place the .dlls in it after that. after I finished installing the .dlls I tried to run the game and got a new error.

"The procedure entry point CreateEventW could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll"

But this was only the beginning of my problems. I ended up restarting my computer alittle while later and when it booted back up I had a slew of errors thrown in my face. Most of them were all related to

"Application failed to start, mscoreei.dll failed to load" This prevented nearly any application from running. my AMD catalyst control center, Adobe, Steam, Discord, etc. I jumped into several solutions. I ran an SFC scan and that found errors to fix. I downloaded and repaired Microsoft 4.8 Net Framework, I downloaded the .dll and tried to replace it. Eventually I was able to run things like Steam and Discord again, but now I'm stuck. The Catalyst Control Center won't launch, and most of my newer games, such as Monster Hunter World, will no longer launch, but my older games, like Magicka, will work. I tried to reinstall my graphics drivers, used msconfig to safe-boot, and things were still broken. Most programs affected will begin to launch, then simply turn off, usually without even saying they crashed. Please let me know how I can fix this.