Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Issue with webcam on Windows 10  (Read 7558 times)

2x3i5x

Topic Starter

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Issue with webcam on Windows 10
« on: April 12, 2020, 11:48:19 PM »
Hi,

•   I have a logitech C615 webcam. 

•   I have already downloaded the software/drivers for windows 20 for my webcam from here: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024846573--Downloads-HD-Webcam-C615 and logitech's website says it's windows 10 compatible. My machine is running Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.753)

•   Device manager does have the drivers listed under the Image device section so that should be okay or so I think.

•   Issue: sometimes when I use my webcam, person on other side says they can see me and I can see what they see on my end as expected (I was on a video chat room website), but then after like 30sec to 1 min, the video drops (I can hear the disconnect then reconnect sound that windows makes when you unplug/replug usb cable and the other person says they can't see me and I can't see myself either)

•   Have went through Skype’s webcam/microphone test and Skype appears to tell me that webcam is working fine.

Any ideas of what to do to troubleshoot the issue? (Also I would think using an usb extension cable should not affect anything? And also only using USB 2.0 ports because USB 3.0 seems to be problematic as Logitech's website says)

Thanks!!