Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is possible to install Windows 10 on computer with BIIOS?  (Read 21482 times)

riverbill

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Is possible to install Windows 10 on computer with BIIOS?
    « Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 01:30:48 PM »
    You can't run Windows on USB but you can install windows on USB device.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 02:05:16 PM »
    Hi Miro

If you have already installed linux on the 2.5" sata drive and it is booting ok. Then it seems strange Windows isn't installing and booting. You haven't said the model of Laptop is it a Dell?
    Some Dells default to raid mode in the bios  for hard drive access. When in this mode windows install won't see the hard drive. You will need to change to IDE or ACHI. ACHI is preferred for Windows 10.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2020, 05:18:09 PM »
      At least one reply without contempt.

To all similar - if you are not sure what you're writing and looking at me like a moron, try it really. If I know anything by my experience, then I can write what really possible is or is not - then I can only give advice, not contempt.
      BTW: The same way I was meaning that's not possible to boot DOS, Windows and OSX on single disk - and it works - try it! I provide help. It is only example...

Back to last reply:
      I have currently installed Linux Mint on USB and runs fine.
      Windows install works, but when I want to decide to which disk/partition to install - no disk ris ecognized. Similar way was problem with Windows 7 long time ago. I downloaded drivers (there can be selected at that situation) and it was working. I meant that Windows 10 has these drivers.
      It is laptop or better to say netbook. No any manufacturer name. Of course AHCI is only possible way in current systems.
      I try to find driver and if I'll find, I provide link. Or if will work not, I will install it to HDD and then create RAW disk image and then copy it to USB.
      I was busy, so please forgive me delay. I'll report soon.

Miro

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 06:22:50 PM »
      Where is the contempt ? ?...are you mentioning my posts ?
      I don't understand.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

leoclarke103

Starter

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2020, 06:58:18 AM »
        Practically any processor capable of running Windows 7 or Windows 8 has this hardware feature, so that problem is likely to be that it’s been disabled in your computer’s BIOS. To re-enable this feature you need to restart your computer and go into the BIOS (Delete, F2 and F10 are common keys to enter it, but check your computer’s manual for full instructions). Every BIOS is different, so the exact instructions will differ from computer to computer.
        Look for a section on your processor, such as CPU Configuration, which is likely to be in the Advanced section of the BIOS. Make sure that the Execute-Disable Bit is turned on, which may also be called XD or NX. Finally, make sure that you’ve turned on the virtualization option. Save your settings, reboot your computer and you should now be able to install Windows 10.

I hope this information will be helpful!
        Leo Clarke

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #20 on: December 15, 2020, 08:17:39 AM »
        He's been gone since April...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "