Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: After updating GPU drivers and Windows 10, my pc shows only black screen  (Read 10230 times)

AkaiZen

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Hello everyone!

So I just tried updating my video card drivers and after that was done windows had to update as well. The next morning my pc would only show the “republic of gamers” boot screen, after which only a black screen. I can’t even press F2 or del to get into the BIOS.

When I tried unplugging the power supply for one hour, it did turn on normally the first time I started it up again, but the problem returned the next time I turned my pc off and on.

Would anyone know what I could do? Thank you very much for taking the time to help me!  :)

Specs:

Windows 10
    Geforce GTX 780ti
    Intel i7 4930K
    16Gb DDR3
    Asus Rampage IV Black edition

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Hi

I would disconnect everything from the computer except the screen and see if you can boot into windows. Make sure you disconnect all usb devices, you can plug a mouse in after windows is booted to shutdown.

Could we have the make and model of power supply as it is looking like a power supply problem.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan