Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Locked out of Gmail account  (Read 66013 times)

02bin3

Locked out of Gmail account
« on: April 27, 2020, 10:22:28 AM »
I have a Gmail account that when I set it up originally the alternate email address was a yahoo email account.  However, when yahoo was having its problems with being hacked, I deleted the account, never thinking that my Gmail account was tied to it.  For whatever reason, Gmail decided that they wanted to make sure that I was me when I tried to sign on to the gmail account and told me that they would send a code to my yahoo account that no longer exists.  The Gmail account is, however, my alternate email address for my AOL account.  Fortunately, AOL will call me on my landline with codes if they feel that I am not me signing in.  They won't set up new AOL accounts with a landline.  I do not have a cell phone so Gmail can't send a text with a code.  In trying to set up an AOL email account for my son, who also does not have a cell phone, they wouldn't allow me to set it up without a cellphone number that will accept text.  Essentially, I have two problems:  Getting into my Gmail account, and setting up an email account for my son without a cell phone, only a landline number.  Does anyone know of an email service that does not require cell phone numbers?  Thank you

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Locked out of Gmail account
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 05:33:25 PM »
You can only solve this dilemna with GMail directly...sorry and best of luck.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

gorge441

Rookie
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 08:48:49 PM »
I think I have no language but to apologize to you
Sorry, you are unable to recover that A/C.

kburra

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 11:25:16 PM »
    Delete the Gmail account and set up a new one..or install Thunderbird Email (Free) Works similar to Microsoft Outlook....I use both.