Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10 resolution changes after restart to default  (Read 44562 times)

Senior16

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
    Re: Windows 10 resolution changes after restart to default
    « Reply #15 on: May 21, 2020, 04:03:43 PM »
    I have read your original post again and i would go back to the diagnoses that the laptop can't use the display drivers on windows 10, this is well documented. And there seems no cure. The Laptop is stuck as windows 7/8.1 vintage.
    I installed windows 8.1 and I installed the gpu drivers from windows update but it still shows black screen after installing them or when restarting the laptop

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 05:55:51 PM »
    STOP usin Win update for drivers...especially on a laptop...They should only come from the laptop manuf. site...Period.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #17 on: May 21, 2020, 09:29:01 PM »
    I installed windows 8.1 and I installed the gpu drivers from windows update but it still shows black screen after installing them or when restarting the laptop

Are you ever going to try with the HP recovery media ? Until you do you can't confirm the diagnoses of a driver issue or hardware failure.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

Senior16

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2020, 06:34:36 PM »
      Are you ever going to try with the HP recovery media ? Until you do you can't confirm the diagnoses of a driver issue or hardware failure.
      Sorry for the late reply but I already gave the computer to a technician so I'm hoping he fixes the problem

Senior16

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 12:59:21 PM »
        Alright, after he's done, he installed windows 7 and he installed driver for Intel HD Graphics 3000 only but he didn't install a driver for the AMD 7400m because if he does, there'll be black screen, do you know where should I get the AMD 7400m driver? and can I install windows 10 and use it only with the Intel HD Graphics 3000? hope you reply as soon as possible

Lisa_maree

Mentor
        • My first real computer
          • Yes
        « Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 02:34:35 PM »
        Hi

Yes you can run with the Intel HD Graphics 3000 and ignore using the AMD graphics. And no you can't run windows 10 on the laptop even with ignoring the AMD graphics drivers.
        I would hope the technician installed the HP image for your laptop. If you are hunting down drivers i suspect it was the same method you used.

If it was the HP image and the AMD graphics are not working then it is a hardware fault as was suggested earlier.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
        ― John Bunyan

Senior16

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2020, 02:31:25 AM »
          Hi

Yes you can run with the Intel HD Graphics 3000 and ignore using the AMD graphics. And no you can't run windows 10 on the laptop even with ignoring the AMD graphics drivers.
          I would hope the technician installed the HP image for your laptop. If you are hunting down drivers i suspect it was the same method you used.

If it was the HP image and the AMD graphics are not working then it is a hardware fault as was suggested earlier.
          My best bet is to sell the laptop and get another one that supports windows 10, and thanks for your help and time, I really appreciate that

Lisa_maree

Mentor
          • My first real computer
            • Yes
          « Reply #22 on: June 03, 2020, 02:22:29 PM »
          Yes I think getting a new one is a great idea. If you have a make/model in mind post a link to it for some advice.
          If you don't need the portability of a laptop perhaps also consider an ALL in One like this one.

Lenovo IdeaCentre A340 All-in-one Desktop PC (i3)

― John Bunyan