Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot install nvidia display driver  (Read 9287 times)

Goose

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Cannot install nvidia display driver
    « on: May 19, 2020, 08:15:26 AM »
    Alright, i have quite the peculiar problem. I started off with a clean install of windows. I am now running on windows ver 1709. Basically, I've tried to install the latest nvidia driver for my asus gtx 780 gpu, but everytime it's installing, my computer blacks out, restarts, and the driver is not installed.

I successfully installed it in safe mode, but when i try to start my computer normally, it wouldn't start, instead, it tells me that windows didn't load correctly. Once this happens, i have no choice but to go back into safe mode, DDU and restart. My gpu fan is still working and the indicator lights are green.

It's as if installing the display driver crashes windows and causes it to not load correctly, and removing it in safe mode allows me to boot normally. If the community could help me so that i can use my gpu normally, that'll be great. Thanks.
    « Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:50:54 AM by Allan »

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Cannot install nvidia display driver
    « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 08:52:43 AM »
    1) I deleted your nonsense comment. Not welcome on this site.

2) From where are you obtaining the driver you're trying to install (please share the link)?

3) Make & model of computer?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 09:50:45 AM »
    And quit usin DDU...it's garbage.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 02:44:03 PM »
    Was the card running OK before the upgrade to 1709 ?. If so and you haven't changed anything in the computer. Then you have the well documented  problem with drivers for your graphics card and Windows 10. Back in 2017 when 1709 was released and this problem was reported they worked on trying to find a solution but without result. I can only suggest you get a Windows 10 compatible card.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan