Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Good Ol Hal, Pshed, ntoskrnl  (Read 2105 times)

Aelric99

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Good Ol Hal, Pshed, ntoskrnl
    « on: May 26, 2020, 04:25:24 PM »
    Hi there. I recently moved my system into a new case, specifically the BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro Rev 2. While I was doing it, I reseated my CPU with a fresh coat of Arctic silver, and since then, I've been getting Bsods about ones a day with the old chestnut of Hal, Pshed and ntoskrnl showing up on my bluescreenview minidump files. I've had this before, and when I did, reinstalling windows fixed it permanently. This time, well, it's been three weeks and I'm still getting the problem. It's not an overheating issue, because I'm seeing the CPU temp and it's never peaking idle over 35C, or over 45C under load (I use a AIO liquid cooler). First it seemed like it would be RAM, but memtest is coming up clean. I've got all overclocking disabled on the BIOS/UEFI level, no software based overclocking installed in the whole system. Malware bytes paid licenses comes up cleak, chkdsk comes up clean. I went one by one in my device manager and all drivers are up to date. I even rest my CMOS for good measure, and my BIOS is the latest that ASUS has for my board.

So, if my RAM is good, my temps are good, my driver are good, my Win 10 install is fresh, my thoughts are that either the CPU or the Mainboard is damaged, possible a pin, but I can't see any obvious damage.

BSODS mostly happen while not under load. I can run RDR2 for hours and hours just fine, but watching youtube videos seems to trigger it, sometimes just regular browsing too with no streaming video. I experimented with underclocking the RAM, and that gave me a three day relief, but today I got another BSOD. I've been leaving the system with a infinite youtube stream in my browser (thanks Giant Bomb Infinite) and It crashed two hours after I left it alone while at work.

I would really rather not have to replace my mainboard, or worse, my CPU, but I kinda think that's all that is left. Any thoughts, suggestions of comments on things I may have missed? I'll attach my DXDIAG and I tried my minidump, it's too big, so where is a snip of my minidump on Bluescreenview.

Thank you for anything you might have for me.
    « Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 04:57:16 PM by Aelric99 »

Aelric99

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Good Ol Hal, Pshed, ntoskrnl
      « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 04:33:52 PM »
      Bump and update. It hasn't bsod in three days now, but that might not mean it's fixed itself, so any opinions are still very much appreciated. I'll be stress testing this weekend. If I've got to replace either the MB or CPU, then I figure I might as well upgrade to a comet lake i7 tenth gen and LGA 1200 socket MB, because if a swap is needed, might was well make it an upgrade too. But I'm hoping not to need to as this MB and CPU are only a year old themselves and I don't NEED to upgrade yet. Again, any thoughts, even just to point out something I may have missed, would be greatly appreciated.