Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Web hosting  (Read 18809 times)

rk299

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Web hosting
    « on: June 25, 2020, 06:12:39 AM »
    Which hosting provider can I use to host my website at very low costs in 2020?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Web hosting
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 05:32:13 PM »
    Depends on what type of website you want to run. Is this going to be an e-commerce website where you have online store and require a point of sale back end with secure transactions or are you simply wanting to have an information type of web page hosted for something that your not charging for a service or product and so security for point of sale doenst have to be there.

There are free hosts out there that are ad supported but I would advise avoiding those as you usually end up with a very lengthy URL path to website that is sub-domained like some web-host providers website URL with a / your website name.

For paid hosting I have used GoDaddy before and liked what they had to offer for the cost and they were a reliable web site hosting provider.

It all comes down to what type of website, how much traffic you expect to have, and what features and security requirements you have for your website, and then if you want to try to save money by going with a lesser known or potentially unrealiable host or pay a fair price for a reliable host. And lastly a host provider who can dynamically adjust to your needs to where if you require more bandwidth of concurrent connections to your website that you can pay for a higher tier of service that can dedicate more web host server power to your website loading quickly from people visiting. Some providers you can contact and pay for more bandwidth and more back end server power to keep your website operating healthy and quick to visitors. This is especially if you have downloads or streaming of content of any kind from your site.

AndyFergo

Rookie

• Experience: Expert
      Re: Web hosting
      « Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 02:25:37 AM »
      Personally i would go for https://www.ionos.co.uk/hosting/web-hosting#packages 1 year for £1. Has everything you need for a business website with cheap optional extras and 99.9% uptime. Used personally in the past and recommend it.