Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I'm upgrading my Ram memory in my PC and I need help.  (Read 5813 times)

Psychological_RAM_70

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    I'm upgrading my Ram memory in my PC and I need help.
    « on: June 26, 2020, 12:07:48 PM »
    I'm not really into upgrading and building computers, but I decided to upgrade my PC Ram from 4GB to 8/12GB. I accidentally broke a sticker off my ram before and now can't see the information, I heard that there's DDR4 and DDR3 ram and that but I have no idea what I should choose and if it's going to be compatible with the one ram stick already installed in. I tried looking through the "Device Manager" but I cant find it. I need help.
    Sorry, I may sound stupid. I was never really into building and upgrading PC's but I don't want to order wrong stuff  :-\.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: I'm upgrading my Ram memory in my PC and I need help.
    « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 05:21:55 PM »
    Easiest move is to go to crucial.com...run the online scanner after entering your PC info...it'll tell you exactly which RAM to buy...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

AndyFergo

Rookie

• Experience: Expert
      Re: I'm upgrading my Ram memory in my PC and I need help.
      « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 10:48:55 PM »
      Hi bud. My suggestion would be to go to
      Code: [Select]
      https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/ download, install and run it and on the summary page highlight from the bottom right to the top and copy all the info and post it back here. From there we can see your exact hardware and be better able to advise what ram your motherboard supports and exactly how much.