Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: viewing sources. HELP!  (Read 4151 times)

wraith2476

viewing sources. HELP!
« on: January 28, 2006, 12:55:20 PM »
 Hello everyone,

I'm new to computer hope and would like to start off by intruducing mysel; My name's John, I'm 29 years old. Nice to meet all of you! I'm having some trouble viewing source code. I looked on the questions and answers but what I found didn't work. Ok, first things first; I am running internet explorer 6.0 and windows xp on my laptop. Whenever I go to view code on my computer the view source button is lit just find just when I got to click it, I get a split-second hourglass and...nothing. I deleted my temp files, tried to end some programs but ctrl,alt, delete isnt bringing up the task manager. What are all the possible problems and solutions to my problem? Is there some settings I have to set properly in order to fix these problems. I did just get the computer so maybe that could be the problem? thanks for you help and again nice to meet you.

Sincerely,
                     [email protected]

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: viewing sources. HELP!
    « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 01:11:56 PM »
    Where is this 'view source' button?
    Ctrl + Alt + Del not bringing up the task manager is a worry, is your computer clean?

Online Virus Scan and Spyware Scan
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm

Highly recommended second Online Malware Scan
    http://www.ewido.net/en/

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 01:19:22 AM »
      Where is this 'view source' button?
      Ctrl + Alt + Del not bringing up the task manager is a worry, is your computer clean?
       ........ If he's using XP ........when IE is open ...up top click view ...then source ...... and all the code on the page thats being viewed will open in Notepad ..........
      If the task manager isnt working ....... then as FED has suggested a complete scan for nasties would be in order ....... Is this laptop new ?

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 01:24:20 AM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Fed

• Sage
        « Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 01:38:31 AM »
        He said it was a button, there is no way to get a button.
        Hey Wraith, fess up, is it a button or what? :D

wraith2476

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 10:11:38 AM »
        Hello everyone thanks for your promt reply to my query and for your time and concern.
        This is an older laptop a friend gave me when he got a new alienware laptop. It is a toshiba.
        I view source when I right click on the page I want to view. Its lit up but nothing happens and when I try to open the task manager as people have suggested me to to remove unwanted programs running, nothing is happening. I am going to have to get virus protection. I have been meaning to for quire some timen ow but havent gotten around to it yet. I am going to get on and run an online virus scan and see whats wrong. thanks. Please keep in touch my email is [email protected] thanks again......John

Fed

• Sage
          « Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 12:05:03 PM »
          No button!  I knew it! HaHaHaHa!  :D :D

wraith2476

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 02:46:51 PM »
          I said nothing about it being a button. I said in my original question that I right-click on the page.

Fed

• Sage
            « Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 09:51:08 PM »
            Whenever I go to view code on my computer the view source [highlight]button[/highlight] is lit just find just when I got to click it, I get a split-second hourglass and...nothing.
            :)

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 04:12:59 AM »
            Here comes the hand......  :o :o :o :o :o