Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Win10 Freezes while booting after BIOS update  (Read 86432 times)

gamerx365

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Radda Radda!
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Win10 Freezes while booting after BIOS update
« on: September 11, 2020, 07:06:36 AM »
Upon Google searches, it appears that several people at least have had similar experiences, none of their solutions are working for me.
I've had compromised email accounts recently so I decided to beef up my security a little. Using "HP health check" application, I was recommended to update bios. It seemed to have been successful, until my next reboot the following day. At that point, windows hangs at the spinning circle while booting. My goto for software issues is to clean install windows (I recently installed a new HDD so I wasnt worried about data loss too much). It worked fine for the first few boots (installing system updates) and after the last update I did, it starts to hang again.
At this point I'm kind of lost. I've tried to access bios restore with no luck, i reset the CMOS with no luck, tried command prompt fixes from YouTube, still nothing. I can get it into safe mode if I can do anything from there. I just ordered a couple of flash drives to see if I can maybe try to reflash the BIOS image?
I have one flash drive on hand, with my OS image on it. I may try to load another OS image to it and see if anything else will run. Im going to try gparted first, as I should have set up partitions anyway. Then I'll put Ubuntu on one of the partitions. Might also try making a Windows to Go drive and see what I get out of it.
I'm going to keep playing, but if anyone has any ideas I'm fully open to them.
**PC: HP Elitebook 840 G1
I bought it refurbished.