Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please Help. Harddrive file type problem.  (Read 2131 times)

QuantumSpectre

Please Help. Harddrive file type problem.
« on: June 17, 2007, 07:18:35 AM »
Please help me!!!! I get an error message saying "C:\ access denied" everytime I double click my harddrive icon.

I was changing the icons in the "file type" tab of the "folder options" window. I supposed I made a mistake or something; because afterwards, I noticed that my "Local Disk (C:)" icon does not take me to C:\ anymore. It searches instead. At this point, I still could open "Local Disk (C:)" by right clicking and selecting "Open" in a dropdown menu.

However, I didn't like the idea that I had to do this open "C:\." So I went back to "folder options" "file type" tab and selected drive. I did not know "find" was supposed to be default. So, I created "Open" by clicking advanced and then new. I typed:

Action: Open
Application used to perform action: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe
use DDE [checked]
Application: Windows Explorer
Topic:Drive

*Note: windows will not allow me to go back and change the "Open" file type information.

I am still able to get to one of my harddrive's information by entering through the "My Documents" shortcut. I just want to be able to double click my harddrive icons again!!! *cries*

Operating System: XP SP2
Computer: Averatec 1300 series (Laptop)
Harddrive Model: IC25N040ATMR04-0
RAM: 1 Gig

PLEASE HELP!!!!! I'M LIKE TOTALLY GONNA DIE IF YOU DON'T!!!!!!

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Please Help. Harddrive file type problem.
    « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 08:24:29 AM »
    Do a system restore to an earlier date.  Start/Programs/Accessories/SystemTools/System Restore.

Alan <><  :D

PS - You won't die as a computer problems isn't worth dying over  :P
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

QuantumSpectre

Re: Please Help. Harddrive file type problem.
    « Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 09:04:35 AM »
    OH EM GEE!!!!!!!!
    Wow, are you an angel sent from the heavens above??? I totally thank you dude.

I don't know why I didn't think of that... possibly because I was too busy freaking out!!!!!

Thank-Q again. This is a nice forum. This is my first time joining a computer help forum. Your help and kindness made me feel very welcome. Now I must freely give as I was freely given unto. I hope I can help someone else who felt as stressed as me.

Cya
    ~ Quantum