Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need help with a formula in Excel 2009  (Read 3683 times)

sllafleur

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I need help with a formula in Excel 2009
    « on: October 17, 2020, 05:22:48 PM »
    This is what I am trying to do and I cannot figure out the formula. I have searched every helpdesk possible and no one seems to know what I am needing to do  :-[

I have a work book that is divided into quarters (quarterly paperwork for the fire department). The first four sheets are are my "core" sheets that I put all of my information in. I have the formulas that will calculate what data I put in as far as calculating but when I try to create the formula to carry over a name, it doesn't work.

If I type in Jane Doe on sheet 1 A241, I want it to automatically fill sheet 2, 3, 4, and Jul (for the 3rd quarter).

The names of the sheets are as follows;

# FIRES MADE - INSIDE
    # FIRES MADE - OUTSIDE
    # MEETINGS MADE
    EVENTS

Please help before I pull my hair out!!!!

Thanks,
    Sheila

Jokerman

Beginner

Re: I need help with a formula in Excel 2009
      « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 06:07:44 AM »
      Hi,
      I have not worked on spreadsheets divided into quarters before, so I am not sure if this will work,
      Click into the cell you wish the name to carry over to and press =, then click on the cell the name appears on sheet A241, then click on the tick in the formula bar.  Hopefully the name will carry over.