Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: REBOOT OF WINDOWS 10 PRO  (Read 3097 times)

BRIANH

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    REBOOT OF WINDOWS 10 PRO
    « on: January 15, 2021, 05:37:53 PM »
    Hi... I have a problem booting windows 10 Pro on my Dell laptop... its indicating there is a disk error. I have a sys. image copy - Mar 2020  on a external hard drive and was wondering if I can somehow use that disk and image copy to boot and then recover. Windows.. I have not done any of this before so I'm somewhat thrashing about here... Any help will be greatly appreciated... thanks

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: REBOOT OF WINDOWS 10 PRO
    « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 11:36:10 PM »
    Hi
    First I would run the diagnostic's built into your Laptop.

Restart the computer.
    As the computer boots, press F12 when the Dell Splash Screen appears.
    When the Boot menu appears, highlight the Boot to Utility Partition option or the Diagnostics option and then press to start the 32-bit Dell Diagnostics.
    Press the Tab key to highlight Test System.

If the hard drive is failing then you will need to get it replaced. Perhaps at the same time have Windows 10 reloaded as well.
    Here is the instructions on how to restore the system image.

To use your system image to restore your PC, open up the new Windows 10 Settings menu and go to Update & recovery. Under Recovery, find the Advanced startup section, and click Restart now. When your PC restarts, go to Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, and then choose System image recovery. Or you can run from the windows 10 install media
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan