Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Backup solution for Linux server  (Read 85408 times)

Lisa_maree

Topic Starter

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Backup solution for Linux server
« on: January 22, 2021, 09:06:32 PM »
Hi

I have  Ubuntu set up as a data storage machine (server) with normally 5 Windows 10/7 workstations connecting. The server has 3 only  1 Tb hard drives and each is around 3/4 full. What I need is to a way to make a copy daily of the server using 1 of the Windows 10 workstations and a 3 TB USB hard drive. To backup the server takes about 11 hours which is really not practical every day. Up to now I been using syncse from 2 bright sparks.       https://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/sbse.html
What I would like is to do is 1 full backup each week  then each day backup the changed files which would only be 20 or 30 GB. Sync SE doesn't seem to be able to detect the changed files on Linux and only backup those files.
Is there other software which would do this. Would a Nas box be better than usb3 drives.
Not looking for a free solution just a solution
Suggestions and help most appreciated.
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan