Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD, seemingly hardware related  (Read 3451 times)

brycen

Topic Starter

• Experience: Guru
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD, seemingly hardware related
    « on: February 01, 2021, 06:14:17 PM »
    Hey, about a week and a half ago I upgraded my system to a Ryzen 5 5600X with a B550 motherboard, and it seemed to be working fine. However, at some point, I started getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, and they became more frequent, to the point of me booting my computer and getting a BSOD as soon as I open a single program. I also got some other errors, like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. Here's what I've tried:

Ran Memtest86 and Windows Memory Diagnostic, both returned 0 problems with the memory.
    Disabled XMP and Memory Fast Boot
    Reinstalled Windows
    Ran in Safe Mode
    Updated the motherboard BIOS (used both the one that first added support for Zen 3 and the newest one that came out after)
    Swapped my SSD
    Cleared my CMOS
    Ran Ubuntu (got kernel panic while trying to load the OS, due to an error along the lines of "Memory corruption detected in low memory", and "not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt"
    Disabled system virtual memory

I even tried reinstalling Windows a second time, at which point it crashed DURING the installation off the USB stick. I didn't even know it was possible to BSOD the Windows USB. After that, I feel like software issues and the windows installation are ruled out as causes. The BIOS update probably rules out that BIOS being the problem. The RAM diagnostics both also rule out the RAM (although I'm still a bit suspicious because I'm still using the sticks I bought when Skylake came out). Sometimes, usually after a fresh boot, I'm able to get into Windows for long enough to run a few Prime95 tests and Linpack Xtreme. My computer powered through everything and it seemed as though nothing was wrong. I restarted my computer and crashed after opening a program and being on my desktop for 3 seconds. It's random, it can happen quickly, sometimes it just doesn't even seem as though anything is wrong. I suspect it may be my motherboard, but I don't have another CPU to test it with. If you could let me know what you think, or what my next course of action should be, I'd appreciate it. I'm also open to trying any suggestions. Thanks!

Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/oVQWq2u1rw0BbJaDGLadlse

Sysnative report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fXSu8K2pKwWKEOGLSiPBLP_yMEK4uJ89/view?usp=sharing

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD, seemingly hardware related
    « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 08:59:23 AM »
    Did you re-use the old RAM ? ?...Speccy does not even report a model #
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 01:10:37 PM »
    Down further in the Speccy report the memory is reported as

G.Skill  F4-3200C16-4GVKB

The memory doesn't show up in any of the QLV tables for the motherboard 
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 05:39:33 AM »
    I din't dig deep enuff... :D
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

brycen

Topic Starter

• Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 12:16:24 PM »
      Did you re-use the old RAM ? ?...Speccy does not even report a model #
      Yeah, it's my same ram. G.Skill Ripjaws V rated for CL16 3200MHz with a Hynix die, 4x4Gb sticks. I'm running it at stock DDR4 speed, 2133MHz CL15
      It seems my computer only starts crashing after a reboot, but if I leave my computer totally off for like half an hour, come back, and turn it on, it seems to be stable.